Monday, April 23, 2012

Confusion and my 13 week belly photo

So I am a little confused about how different books and websites and doctors all have different opinions on when the first trimester ends and the second begins.  Many of them say the end of the first trimester is the end of the 12th week, which really doesn't make sense because if there are 3 trimesters in a pregnancy that means 12 weeks times 3 trimesters is 36 weeks, but a pregnancy is really 40 weeks.  And then I found a few books and websites who say that the end of the 13th week of pregnancy is the end of the 1st trimester and the beginning of the second.  I'm no math genius, but this makes a little more sense.  13 weeks times 3 trimesters is 39 weeks, which gets you closer to that 40 weeks of pregnancy number.  And on that note, why do they say pregnancy is 9 months?  Because I'm pretty sure there is an average of 4 weeks in a month and 40 weeks divided by 4 is 10 people!!!  10 months, NOT 9!!  So please stop saying it is 9 months!  (Well actually in my case I will probably be closer to the 36-37 weeks, but I'm just saying get your math right and stop confusing me!)

So I am 13 weeks, 2 days pregnant today and I am either in the last week of my first trimester, or the beginning of my second, you take your pick.  I am still super nauseous in the evenings and at night which really sucks!  I was nauseous last night from 6pm-2am!  Ugh!  My new doctor said I could try taking Unisom to get some sleep and that it might help calm the nausea.  I have taken it twice so far and it did help a little with the nausea late night and I did sleep soundly, but it was very hard for me to get up in the morning.  So I will only take it if I know I don't have to get up early for something the next day.

The biggest news I have to report is that I am officially done with injections!!!!!!  Yes that's right I have survived 182 needle pokes in my stomach and my hips!  I can't believe I did it!  I don't want to sound conceited, but I am very proud of myself, because I had no idea I was that strong and could face one of my biggest fears head on.  Justin and I celebrated on Sunday after my last shot and threw out the last needle disposal container, I danced around the room a little and then we made a big breakfast to celebrate!  Whew!!  Close the book on that chapter.

Anyway, here is my picture for the week:

I look like crap in this picture, but we didn't take it till later in the evening and I was NOT feeling so good. If you can't read the sign, the babies are the size of peaches this week (about 3 inches long)


How far along?   13 weeks 1 day in the picture
Total weight gain/loss: ????
Maternity clothes?  Maxi dresses, maternity tanks because they are comfortable, still in my own pants
Stretch marks?  Keep lathering up everyday
Sleep:  Ugh, not much lately thanks to the nausea!  Thank goodness for midday naps!
Best moment this week:  Starting to get the babies room ready!
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything?  Being able to decide what to eat for dinner, the fertility clinic staff!
Movement:  On screen not in person 
Food cravings?  Still the same, Bomb popsicles, turkey sandwiches, bread, saltines, KFC mashed potatoes and gravy
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything after 6pm makes me sick!
Have you started to show yet: Yep, but I can't wait for it to be more round and less beer belly-like
Gender prediction: Ok, I'm gonna say it..........1 boy and 1 girl would be ideal
Labor Signs: Heck no
Belly Button in or out? IN
Wedding rings on or off? ON
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Both this week.  Hoping that means I am nearing the end of the first trimester nausea and exhaustion
Weekly Wisdom:  Please re-write all baby books and inform all professionals in the baby field, that a pregnancy is NOT 9 months, so stop leading people on!!  There is a whole nother month in there people!
Looking forward to:  Getting through the genetic screening tomorrow and having positive results come back!


Jenny & Justin +2 (+3 furry)
Injections: 182 (Thats my final number, yay!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment