Monday, May 7, 2012

15 Weeks

This last week was the first week in several weeks that I felt good for several days in a row!  I did have 2 days where I just felt like crap and stayed in bed all day, but I am trying to focus on the positive, so Yay! for the good days with no nausea!  I am hoping this means I am nearing the end of it all on and on to the awesome part of the second trimester that everyone has been telling me about.

I went to my 2 week appointment on Thursday last week.  Justin couldn't go because he was traveling for the day.  It was pretty routine.  The crabby ultrasound lady, Jessica, was actually not really crabby at all today and was very nice and chatty with me!  Not sure if we are breaking her down or if she was being more friendly because Justin wasn't in the room or what, but hey I'll take  it!  She measured heartbeats and said they look normal.  I then asked about seeing the gender at this point.  She said at 14.5 weeks along her accuracy is only about 80%, and that is assuming the babies are in the right position.  She asked if I wanted her to check and I said no, not without Justin here.  I asked what her accuracy would be at our next appointment and she said 95% (because she never says she is 100%, but she has never been wrong)!  So we will wait until our next appointment which will be on May 23rd, which is almost 3 weeks away from this appointment because Justin and I are headed on our baby moon the week that we should be going in.

I also saw the doctor and it was very quick and he just asked me some routine questions measured my belly and listened to the babies heartbeats with the fetal doppler thing.  He also suggested some new medicine for my nausea, which I tried for a couple days and it didn't seem to help, so I am still taking Zofran.  Oh and one last thing....he said I have lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks and 2 pounds the 2 weeks before according to transferred records, so I am going in the opposite direction.  I told him food just sucks right now!  I eat during the day, but food just doesn't taste the same and then at night time it is almost impossible to force anything down, but I try really hard to eat something.  So his strict orders were to, "Eat like Crap!"  He said eat what ever sounds good but make it high calorie, high carb because if I am not eating a lot, at least what I am eating will have lots of calories.  He said eat french fries, dessert, what ever I can eat, but make it crappy.  Ummmm, those are the best doctors orders I have EVER gotten!  So fast food, and frozen yogurt, and extra butter, and french fries here I come!  This baby moon vacation next week is going to be even better!

Yep, we are headed on a get away to Hilton Head for about 5 days.  I am so excited to lay on the beach and get a tan!  I know people, sunscreen is key, but I gotta get my belly a little color so I am not so pasty.  Justin is really excited too, to get away from his hectic work for a couple days and just relax.  And then when we return, we find out the next day what the sexes of our babies are!!  What an awesome thing to come home to.

Here are the ultrasound pictures and belly picture for the week. Oh and a picture of how the nursery is coming along so far!  And please excuse the weird angle of the belly photo.  Justin and I had a hectic Sunday yesterday and forgot to take my picture, so I attempted to take it myself this morning with the automatic timer on the camera.  It'll have to do.

This is a view of the bellies of both babies

Frog legs of baby A.  Looks like someone might be tall like Daddy!

Alien face of Baby B, we couldn't get A to look the right way

Another shot of the alien face

Here is my awkward belly photo, but you get the idea.  I feel like it really is starting to pop out.  In case you can't read, according to my books the babies are the size of apples this week.


Here is the nursery so far.  I wish I would have taken a before picture, but the walls were a khaki peach color before.  Also we installed the new ceiling fan, white wood blinds, painted the grey color, had crown moulding installed and bought this new black and white Chevron rug that I LOVE!!!

Ok, I think that is all for now.  Justin and I are headed on a little road trip to Kansas City tomorrow (tuesday) thru Thursday.  And then next week we head to Hilton Head, so I am hoping these trips will keep us distracted until our next appt.

Jenny & Justin +2 (+3 furry)









No comments:

Post a Comment