Monday, May 14, 2012

I am 4 months pregnant.....

can you believe it???   I for one cannot believe I am already this far along!  If this makes sense I feel like the time has gone by really slow and really fast.  The days seem slow when I am not feeling well, but the overall time seems to have flown by.  I feel like yesterday we were getting that first blood test result back and finding out it was multiples.  And by the way, I'm still not sure that the whole twins thing has really and truly settled into my mind yet and become a reality.  Yes, I see them on the screen every 2 weeks, but for some reason I just don't feel like it will seem real until they are here.

Justin and I had an extremely busy week this past week.  We traveled to Kansas City for a work thing for him Tuesday thru Thursday.  We got to make a stop to visit and have dinner with my Dad and step-mom Sheila which was really nice.  I also got to meet up with 2 very old friends for dinner, whom I have known since I was born!  Crazy, huh!?  Christy and Nicole are a couple years older than me and were our next door neighbors growing up in Kansas City.  They knew my mom when she was pregnant with me and saw me come home from the hospital, so I have known them for over 33 years!  I haven't seen them in probably over 10 years and we just started talking like no time had passed at all.  It was AWESOME to see them.

Then this past weekend my amazing husband Justin graduated from college!  I am so proud of him for sticking with it and getting his degree.  And it couldn't have been better timing to get it completed before the babies arrive.  We have spent the last 6 years taking classes (and I say "we" because there might have been a little help on my part) taking 1-2 classes a year towards his degree, because between the cost and work and life that was all we could manage.  But all this effort has paid off and he now has the diploma in hand, so congrats baby!!  My mom and step-dad Bruce came in town for the ceremony and celebration and stayed with us for the weekend which was fun.  We met up with all of Justin's family for the ceremony on Saturday and had a nice brunch after.  I think Justin and I are just glad this whole school thing is over!!!  It has been an extra added stress on our lives that is now GONE!!  Yay!  No more writing papers on Sunday nights!

And I just have to say this was a very cool Mother's Day on Sunday.  I know the babies aren't here yet, but I got a lot of nice messages from people wishing me a Happy Mommy to be Day!  That made me feel so good, so thanks everyone!

How am I feeling?  Well....  I officially have been in my second trimester for a couple weeks now, and so far it isn't what everyone told me it was going to be.  They said I would just wake up one day and feel awesome and have lots more energy.......Ummmmm hasn't happened!  I am still very tired and I am sleeping less now because for some reason I wake up sometime between 5-7am wide awake and I am up for the day.  What the hell?  And it is still very hard to get to sleep and I toss and turn most of the night because my hips, legs and feet ache most of the night.  The nausea is getting better weekly which I am the most grateful for!  It still hits me a couple times a week at night, so I am hoping it will be gone soon??  I have learned certain foods make my stomach hurt and seem to trigger the evening nausea, but the one that does it the most is cheese or pizza with cheese.  I miss my favorite foods cheese and pizza so much, so every once in a while I try to eat some just to see if it won't make my stomach upset and I have gotten the same result every time, so I guess I'll just quit trying and give up cheese and pizza for now.  But as soon as these babies are born there better be a huge pizza and an awesome cheese platter waiting for me!  Another thing everyone told me was that my appetite would come back and I would be starving all the time.  Ummmm, that hasn't happened either.  Food, all and all, still sounds pretty gross and I don't seem to be any hungrier than normal.  Popsicles still make me happy along with mixed berry sorbet gelato from whole foods!!  If you haven't tried it you are missing out!  It has been my nightly treat a couple nights the last week and puts a huge smile on my face.

I am still trying to follow doctors orders and eat like crap to gain weight, but I realized my idea of eating like crap isn't exactly what other peoples idea of eating like crap is.  So let's just say I am eating healthy crappy food.  Sugary cereal and french fries is about the worst it gets for me, but hey I am trying!!

Well, we are leaving Thursday morning this week for our baby moon trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina and will be back the following Tuesday.  Then Wednesday the 23rd is our next doctor/ultrasound appt which is where we are hoping to find out the sex of the babies.  If we do, we are going to tell immediate family first and then everyone else.  So I might not put it on here till the weekend after the 23rd, sorry!  Many people have emailed/texted/called me and told me what they think the babies are going to be and I have been keeping track.  The majority of people think it is going to be a boy and a girl.  I am not sure if they think that because they think that would be ideal, or if they really think that is what they are.  Well.......we shall see!  I am so freaking excited to find out!!  I want to go shopping so bad it is killing me!

Here is my 16 week/4 month belly photo.  I got told by someone that I didn't look "that big" yet.  Ummmm, not sure how to take that.  So I look big but not that big?  Ummm, thanks?  People say the funniest things to you when you are pregnant!
Babies are the size of avocados

My husband the graduate!  Yay!

How far along?   16 weeks or 4 months as of Sunday May 13th
Total weight gain/loss:  4 pounds lost as of my last appointment
Maternity clothes?  Yes, except for dresses and my long shirts that still fit
Stretch marks?  No!  I now have 4 kinds of belly oils and lotions that I put on twice daily to prevent those nasty things!
Sleep:   Ahh, sleep!  Oh how I miss you!
Best moment this week:   Being included in the Mother's Day holiday, very cool!  Oh and my husband graduating, he he!
Miss Anything?   Read above: pizza and cheese
Movement:   I think I have felt a flutter or something here and there, but I am not sure if it is my organs or gas or the babies
Food cravings?  Nothing demanding or outrageous yet
Anything making you queasy or sick:   Food commercials
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, I think I am now getting to the point where strangers think I am pregnant and not just fat
Gender prediction:  I'm going with the majority and saying boy/girl
Labor Signs:   No
Belly Button in or out?   In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Very happy most of this week, except for late at night 
Weekly Wisdom:   No 2 people are the same, therefore no 2 peoples pregnancies are going to be the same, so I just need to stop trying to compare myself to others and just ride this pregnancy ride and whatever may come will come
Looking forward to:   Laying on the beach


Jenny & Justin +2 (+3 furry)

No comments:

Post a Comment