Sunday, June 3, 2012

19 Weeks


I have survived another week of this roller coaster adventure called pregnancy! We had quite a busy week again starting with a Memorial Day BBQ party on Monday.  Then on Tuesday I went with 3 of my girls (Osman, Katie, and Nat) to register for baby stuff.  Upon entering the store I was immediately overwhelmed and super glad that my support would arrive shortly to show me the ropes.  For 2 hours we made our way through each aisle, me with the scanning gun in hand looking lost as ever, scanning every barcode they put in front of me.  I made sure to ask what the heck each thing was for, and honestly some things I am still not sure what the heck they are for and other things look so much alike I'm not sure why you need 3 different ones.  Half way through I was exhausted and my brain turned to mush, so I had no idea what I registered for by the end.  I sure am glad I had all of them there to help.  Thanks girls! 

I decided to also register at another place, so Justin and I ventured to the other store on Thursday.  He was excited to go, but I soon knew he would get overwhelmed like I did.  I gave him the scanning gun and off we went.  We made it through 2 sections of the store and we were both tired and ready to be done.  But we soldiered through and after 2.5 hours we were exhausted, my feet were killing me and we were ready to get out of there!!  

Registering is done, and I am glad about that! 

We spent this past weekend just relaxing and hanging out which was so nice!  I love afternoon naps!  

Today I am 19 weeks pregnant! How am I feeling?  Well the Prilosec and Unisom seem to be working.  My nausea is getting better and better.  I still had probably 1-2 evenings where food just wasn't sounding good, and so I didn't eat.  The other evenings I had an appetite and was able to eat dinner which was awesome!  My huge u-shaped body pillow combined with the other 5 pillows I have cushioning me also seem to be helping my night hip and leg pain.  My feet are still pretty painful to walk on in the morning and after a long day on them.  I got an at home water foot spa that I am using nightly which feels great!  I also went to the chiropractor and she adjusted my back and hips, gave me some exercises to do, and I will continue to see her twice a week for the next several weeks which I am hoping will help.  Overall, I have to say I feel A LOT better than I have in a few months!!! Yay for that!!!

Ok, I spoke too soon!  I was having a good day today and even told Justin in the late afternoon that Italian food sounded good for dinner. (Which I haven't eaten in forever!!)  And then by 6pm, my stomach got the best of me, but this time I was hungry, but nothing sounded good.  So what did I do?  I started crying because I felt bad that I didn't feel like eating Italian food and felt like I let Justin down.  I was also crying because I was frustrated at not being able to choose something to eat, but I was starving!!!  That feeling sucks!!  Poor Justin just looked and me and asked why I was crying and hugged me.  Oh the joys of pregnancy and pregnancy hormones.  Well you are probably wondering if I ate dinner?  Yes I did.  Thank you KFC for the large order of mashed potatoes and gravy, because when nothing else sounds good I can still manage to eat them.

I think that is all for now.  We are headed to the doctor Thursday for our next appointment! Can't wait to see how big the babies have gotten on the ultrasound.  My belly picture is below.

Babies are the size of heirloom tomatoes or softballs
Funny how my face and arms are tan and my belly is so white!

How far along? 19 weeks today
Total weight gain/loss:  no update since I haven't been to the doctor since the last blog
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep:  Better this past week thanks to the new drugs
Best moment this week:  Eating dinner more times than not
Miss Anything?  Being decisive about what i want; I am very indecisive lately
Movement:  A little this week, but no kicks or anything major to feel on the outside
Food cravings?  I wish!
 Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just about everything 
Labor Signs:  Heck no!
Belly Button in or out?   Still in and hoping it stays that way!!??
Wedding rings on or off?  Off, but I got my new fun fake one
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy, but cried a couple times this week.
Weekly Wisdom:   Do not venture into a baby store alone, if it is unfamiliar territory for you.  It is a very scary place!!
Looking forward to:  Thursday doctors appt, more normal evenings??, kicking, and hopefully more cool weather like this past week??!!

Jenny & Justin +5 kiddies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment