Tuesday, August 14, 2012

29 weeks pregnant!

You know when you are 29 years old and you are just dreading turning 30 (well at least I was) because it made you feel like you were really getting old.  Well..... being 29 weeks pregnant I am feeling NOTHING like that!  I can't wait to get to 30 weeks!

I spent this last week (my 28th week of pregnancy) running errands, working on the nursery, trying to relax a little, having lunch with friends, and working on 2 craft projects for the nursery. (I will take pictures of my craft projects once the nursery is complete.)  Mostly just nesting stuff.  I can't say that it has been too exciting and I get tired super fast, so everything takes 30 times as long to accomplish because I have to stop and rest a lot.

I went to the mall one day and I had 4 stores I needed to go to.  OMG!!!  After 2 stores I was so exhausted, old people were lapping me I was waddling so slow!  And you know what is funny, there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.  It isn't like I can try and speed up, I am just this slow moving barge, ha ha!!  Needless to say I paid the price that night for walking so much because I was so sore once I laid on the couch for a bit, that I could barely get back up.

How am I feeling at 29 weeks pregnant with twins?  Overall, pretty good.  I still have the stiffness, swelling, and joint pain in my hands and fingers.  The worst thing at this point is my groin, inner thigh, pelvis soreness.  I have kinda grown accustomed to it, and even though it is pretty painful I am just learning to deal with it.  Yes, it makes walking, sitting, standing, getting up, and getting out of bed difficult, but I guess I just assume things could be worse.  I am NOT on bed rest, the babies and I are super healthy and there are no signs at this point that they are coming anytime soon, so the pain and soreness seems tolerable.  Oh, I forgot to mention I also can't breathe very well anymore which more than anything else is just annoying.  The babies have moved up so high that Baby B kicks my rib cage and gets her foot caught underneath of it.  I know, yes, breathing is important, which is another reason why I can't do very much before I am winded and exhausted quickly.  One set of stairs knocks me out for a good 15 minutes.

I continue to go to the chiropractor every week which seems to be doing a lot of good because I don't have much back pain at this point.  I have also continued to get massages every 2 weeks, which feels amazing and I think helps my sore bones and muscles.

Justin had his annual boys baseball trip this past weekend to Philly.  I think he had a great time and it gave me time to get those craft projects done and well as lots of stuff around the house.  Funny thing is, I usually don't mind if he is gone out of town for a couple days, but this time I was a little panicked.  I kept thinking all these bad things were going to happen, or I was going to go into labor while he was away and it was freaking me out!!  I guess it is just my pregnancy brain on overdrive.  But I told him I am hoping he doesn't have to go out of town anymore before the babies come because the anxiety is overwhelming for me.

The nursery isn't quite done yet, but I am hoping to have it completed by this week.  Details, details people!!  It has to look perfect before I photograph the final thing and show it to everyone.  And remember I don't move very fast.

Well, it is short and sweet this week!  Here is my belly picture for the week:

Babies are the size of Acorn squashes.

We have lots of exciting stuff going on the rest of the week, so I can't wait to update when I turn 30 weeks next week!  Until then!

Jenny & Justin +5

No comments:

Post a Comment