Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 3

Not to disappoint all of you who might be looking for some really exciting dramatic story of my first injection.  Like me passing out or crying.....but honestly it was actually pretty simple, easy, and quick....
I am not sure if it was because I was so tired at 645am, or what but I just shuffled out to the kitchen like a zombie, grabbed the kit out of the fridge, got out the pen, loaded the creamer like plastic thing that holds the needle inside onto the end of the pen, dialed up the
dose, handed the pen to Justin, pinched my right side of my stomach and said ok, go.  And he looked at me and I looked at him and I said, "Wait, maybe I should sit down for this.". Then I realized maybe I should sit down, pinch my stomach and close my eyes. Then I said ok go.  But I opened 1 eye and said, "wait, wait not ready!". Ok, deep breath, third time same position, eyes closed and baby bee sting, the sound of the pen clicking as the medicine went in, and in 6 seconds it was over.  Ok, not so bad.  These first medicine needles are the smallest, and I am thinking the best way to build up to the bigger ones down the road.

Then at 930 this morning I had to run to the Lab Corp down the street from my house to get a blood draw.  I was nervous as usual, but this Russian nurse guy was funny and calming and was super good at doing it quickly, so I survived having 2 vials drawn, no tears, just lots of deep breaths.  Ok, 2 needles down 1 to go.....

The second needle tonight was actually less exciting than the morning.  Justin prepared the needle cap this time and we did everything the same.  He is very gentle and I told him maybe he should think about a second career as a nurse, he he!  Honestly you can barely feel these needles because they are so fine. Great news for me! 

So I survived Day 3 with 3 needles.
Here are my needle numbers to date just for IVF (not including any IUI stuff)
IV's- 2
Blood draws-3 Vials-19
Needle pokes- 2

No comments:

Post a Comment