Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's funny who you relate to in these situations

Today is cycle day 5, and I have been taking the injections for 3 days now. The first medicine that I have to do twice a day with the pen thingy are getting to be a breeze. Especially the one in the morning at 7am because I am half asleep. I started the second drug injection tonight at 7pm, so I am now doing 2 injections in the evening. The one I started tonight is the one that burns going in, so it makes me a little light-headed and nauseous for about a minute after it goes in.
Justin is taking a class on Wednesday evenings working towards his bachelors degree, so he wasn't able to do my injections tonight. Luckily for me I have a great friend, Jessica that I work with who is on her way to becoming a nurse, so she said she would help me out. She did a great job and I had very little pain with both injections! So thank goodness for good friends! Thanks Jess!
The reason for my posting title is this morning I was talking to my cleaning lady and we started talking about fertility stuff because she saw all the needles and biohazard container on my kitchen counter. Yea, I know kinda creepy but don't worry I will hide them if anyone of you come over. Anyway, she started telling me about how she went through ten years of infertility stuff and surgeries trying to have a baby. She said she never went through the full IVF or adoption because she couldn't afford it. Finally at 45, she had given up and then one of her worker girls came up to her and said "hey I know u want a baby and my sister in law is pregnant again and the state takes them away because she is unfit. I am sure she would let u adopt it.". And so a month later she went to the hospital, the baby was born healthy, the mother never even held it, and my cleaning lady had the papers signed the next day, and the baby was hers for $200. Yea, crazy stuff huh! The point of my story is that you never know who you are going to relate to in the world, and sometimes I feel like I relate better to strangers who have had or are going through similar experiences, rather than someone like a friend I have known for 20 years. Weird!

I am headed to the dr's office tomorrow morning to see what these crazy follicles are doing! (ultrasound and blood work results from Monday) Remember growing big and growing more is what they are supposed to be doing!! I am hoping the are following my mantra.

Jenny
Blood draws 8 Vials 27
Injections 24

No comments:

Post a Comment