Monday, November 14, 2011

Step 2 is around the corner.

That being said. I can also say it has been a looooooooong step 1.

We went to our dr appt this morning at 10am after doing our last morning injections at 7am.  Yay! Done with that portion!  We met with the doctor and he said my estradiol level came back from Saturday and we are right on track.  I can't remember exactly what he said the number was but I think he said somewhere around 250-275.  He said each mature follicle produces between 150-200, so by Wednesday that number should be at least 400 (because I have 2 follicles), probably closer to 450-500 is ideal.  
So he did the ultrasound and I definitely have 2 follicles on the left that are the right size.  There is a small one on the right that he will go after, but it doesn't look promising.  Anyway, I am thrilled about the 2 good ones that we have!  

I asked the doctor if I was in a small category by only having 2 follicles.  He said absolutely not.  He had actually just done an egg retrieval right before my appointment and the woman had 2 follicles.  That made me feel a little better.  I also asked some questions about percentages and probabilities.  The doctor gave us some good odds because of our age, but again he doesn't want to think past Wednesday.  His first and only goal at this moment is retrieve at least 2 good quality eggs.

I also asked him about some medicine I could take for this horrible cold, sinus, flu thing I have going on! Ugh! It's been 5 days now of feeling crappy.  He said I could take some Zyrtec, but I am going to try and hold off cause I would rather not have those drugs in my system.  (I wouldn't want to be able to blame the drugs if something goes wrong, ya know.). So I'll continue with the fruits, vegetables, fruit juice and airborne.  I have also been instructed to stop taking the baby aspirin and any other supplements besides my prenatal vitamin with DHA, and b-complex.

Oh yea, and I got another blood draw to once again look at my estradiol level.  The blood drawing lady told me this is the last one for awhile! Thank goodness!

Plan?? Glad u asked!

Tonight Justin and I will go at 6pm to the chiropractor to get acupuncture treatments.  My doctor highly recommends it before retrieval.  Then at 7pm we will do our last 2 injections (which is actually 3 because the cartridge on the one will run out).  Yay, last burning injection! Very glad for that!  At 8pm Justin will give me the trigger shot in my stomach as well.  So by the time this day is over I will have had probably about 22 needle pokes.  Talk about confronting your fear head on! Never thought I would have a day like today.

Tuesday will be a relax day.  Then we will head in Wednesday morning at 730am for preparation, and then the fun will begin at 8am.  

So now more than ever, we need positive thoughts and energy, prayers, and support.  I figure the more people we have putting good energy towards this the better outcome we will have.  Thanks for listening and for the great notes, texts, and emails of encouragement! They help keep my spirits up and help us to know that we are loved.  

Think perfect eggs! Be perfect eggs! I have perfect eggs!

Jenny

1 comment: