Monday, July 30, 2012

27 weeks and slowing down...

Yes, I officially walk much slower than I used to and I can't help it.  My belly just won't let me walk at my usual fast pace.  It just sucks when you see old people flying by you, ha ha!  The other reason I walk so slow is one of those pregnancy symptoms that no one told me about.  The lower abdomen and inner thigh soreness.  Wow!  It feels like I have been at the gym for 3 days straight doing abs and inner thighs.  I did some research online and apparently it is quite common for this to happen around 32-34 weeks of pregnancy for a single baby pregnancy, but with me it started at about 25-26 weeks and seems to only be getting more sore as each week progresses.  I'm not sure if this is what causes other pregnant women to waddle when they walk, but it my case it is definitely the reason why I waddle.

Last Monday I almost reached my breaking point and lost my mind!  And NO it didn't have anything to do with being pregnant.  The cribs were delivered a week ago this past Thursday and upon inspecting them I noticed one of the cribs had a gap in between the side rail and front rail that I mentioned in my last blog.  Well 4 repair people, 4 days, and hours of waiting at home for the repair people to show up the cribs were finally fixed on Monday.  Turns out the idiots who initially put the cribs together who said they were "experts", put the cribs together backwards and that is why they weren't fitting together! Experts my ass!  And finally when it was all said and done, I lost it on the manager of the delivery and setup service.  I told her exactly how I felt and how frustrated I was and how dangerous it was to have people setting up baby cribs improperly.  She agreed and we were refunded our entire $165 delivery and setup fee, so that helped the anger a little.

But wait, Monday gets better.  After I got off the phone with that lady I had to go meet Justin to head to our 3rd pediatrician interview.  I met him in the parking lot and we walked into the building and into the door to the office.  Mind you I was already HOT from dealing with the crib issue all morning and afternoon, and I was immediately smacked in the face with the smell of vomit and dirty diapers in the waiting room.  Lovely!  I looked and Justin and asked him what he smelled and he said, well a combination of vomit and dirty diapers.  Ok good, I wasn't just having an overactive pregnancy nose.  We waited for a couple minutes and a man-child opened the door wearing star wars pajama scrub bottoms and a star wars t-shirt and ushered us back.  I am assuming he was a male nurse, but the sight of him was rather disturbing.  He put us in the tiniest room I have ever seen and closed the door behind him.  I mean this room had to have been like 5x5 with a long exam table, filing cabinet, 2 chairs and now the 3 of us......it was more than claustrophobic to say the least and I am not even claustrophobic!!  He asked us a couple questions and said the doctor would be in shortly.  He closed the door and left us in this closet of a room to wait.  As we sat there we both noticed the 80's kids decor like we had stepped back in time 25 years.  And then the waiting began and the temperature in the room also began to rise.  It got hotter and hotter and the room seemed to get smaller by the minute.  Finally after 18 minutes of sitting in this 80's dirty diaper closet, I looked at Justin and said, "Ok, this guy has 2 minutes to walk in that door or else I am outta here."  The look on Justin's face was priceless because I don't think he really thought I was serious.  And for the next 120 seconds I stared at my watch and then got up out of my chair, opened the door to freedom and said, "Let's go, we are outta here!"  I walked up to the receptionist and said,  "I'm sorry but we have been waiting for 20 minutes in that tiny room and we have things to do and places to be.  It is very hot in that room, and I'm pregnant and don't have time for this."  I glanced over and saw star wars man-child in the break room eating his snack pack with a scared look on his face.  I had seen enough!  I think Justin might have been embarrassed and the receptionist apologized and Justin said, Ummmm we'll call you.  And we walked out.  I looked back at him and said, "We'll call you??"  Justin just laughed and said, well I didn't know what else to say.  We just laughed and scratched this doctor off our list.  I mean come on...if he was trying to make a good first impression I have advice for him, but I'll keep those choice words to myself.

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday just relaxing at home because I was mentally and physically exhausted from the few previous days and because it was like 107 degrees outside both days.  Thursday I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure which was super nice and very relaxing.  I wish I could have one everyday!!

My mom and Bruce arrived on Friday along with my step sister Caroline.  We had a great time going to lunch and watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics Friday night.  Well I have to say I did put Justin and my mom and Bruce to work a little bit Friday afternoon moving things and hanging things and fixing things.  But hey, I am learning to ask for help right!?

Saturday was my first of 2 baby showers.  My great friend Katie and my amazing mom organized it at this awesome wine bar/restaurant in one of their private rooms.  I walked into my shower with my step sister Caroline and immediately got one the biggest, most awesome surprises!  There standing in front of me was my 2 oldest friends from Kansas City and their mom.  I have known all 3 of them, well I guess I should say they have known me since my mom was pregnant with me and saw me the day I came home from the hospital.  I knew they had been invited, but never expected them to make the drive to St. Louis.  So, again I walk into my shower and see them and immediately lose it and start crying.  Happy tears of course!  It was so overwhelming and emotional for me.  After getting over my crying episode I made my way around and it was so awesome to see all of my amazing friends.  From my girls I have been friends with since grade school, their moms (who are all like my 2nd moms), girls I became friends with at work, family, and then my second surprise...my girlfriend Melissa from Iowa drove down and surprised me as well.  Here come the tears again!  But what an amazing day!  To be surrounded by all my favorite, most special girls to celebrate these 2 very special girls in my belly...it just doesn't get any better than that.  Oh and also having an amazing dessert table doesn't hurt either!  He he!  I am so grateful!

After Saturday I was exhausted, but still managed to start organizing the nursery with my mom on Sunday.  I tell you what, when the 2 of us get together there is no stopping our organizing and decorating mania!  I am just happy she is staying all week to help get the nursery finalized so that I have one less thing to worry about.  But I am sure I will find something else to worry about when that is done.

Here are my pictures from the week:

The babies are the size of Rutabagas, whatever those are??

Here is one with my momma! Why does my belly look bigger in the second picture?

My oldest friends drove over from Kansas City!  Love you guys!

A group shot where everyone is looking at the camera and looking good!  So cute!

Lots of stuff to put away and organize after the first shower

The floor was covered, wow!

I don't know where it is all going to go??

Ok, well I think that is all for last week.  Until next time...

Jenny & Justin +5




1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to wash the baby clothes ahead of time - get rid of the formaldehyde, before touching baby skin...

    ReplyDelete