Monday, August 6, 2012

7 months pregnant!


Unbelievable! Can you believe it!? I can't.  Seems like a dream or some alternate universe.  I was walking through Target with my mom a couple days ago and she just looked over at me and said, I never imagined that I would be walking through Target with my daughter who was pregnant carrying twins.  I felt the same way.  I could never imagine this reality in my head, and never could see myself with a huge belly.  Life is crazy!

This past week has been a whirlwind home/nursery makeover thanks to my awesome mother.  She came in town for both of my baby showers, but also to help get our house and nursery organized and set up, so that I can relax these last several weeks.  And I must say she blew me away!  Not only did she help throw me an awesome shower that I talked about last week, but she took my to-do list and just went to town.  Painting, spraying painting, crafting tissue paper flowers, hanging a wall photo collage, hanging a TV, installing a gate, organizing all the shower gifts, rearranging our bedroom and living room to accommodate and make more space, and the list goes on and on.  This woman never runs out of energy!  We also ran errands, shopped, and treated ourselves to a massage one day.  Whew!  I tried to help her as much as I could, but I have to give her 95% of the credit for how awesome our house and nursery looks today. 

Every evening by the time Justin got home from work my mom and I were exhausted from our packed days, so we spent most of the evenings she was here just relaxing, ordering in and watching the Olympics.  It was nice.

I continued to have pain and soreness in my inner thighs and butt all week that honestly feels like my pelvis is going to split in two.  It continues to make it hard to walk, and forces me to waddle, and even makes it hard to stand up after sitting.  More on that later.

We headed to our 2 week doctor appointment on Thursday and my mom got to come along.  She was super excited because she hadn't seen the babies on ultrasound since they were like 7 weeks, just tiny little beans.  We did the ultrasound first with Shana and I laid on my side so I wouldn't get nauseous.  She checked my cervical length first and it is still long and closed which is awesome.  Shana made a comment about these babies are never coming out.  Ummm, yea.....ha ha! Anyway then she started doing her usual inspection of each baby and just watching my moms face was priceless.  She was so excited and Shana was being super nice and telling her what everything was, which baby was which, how they were positioned, and tried to get some good views of them.  Unfortunately, the babies are running out of room in my belly and it is very tight quarters in there, so everything is now looking really smushed together and it is hard to decipher what is what on the ultrasound screen.  We couldn't really get any good pictures this week except for a cute one of the top of their 2 heads together.  See below.  Oh also I should mention they are both still in weird positions which are not good for a normal vaginal birth.....and yes I'm totally ok with that. C-section here I come!  Baby A is butt down breech and baby B is transverse or horizontal across my belly.  

All 3 of us then headed to the exam room to meet with the nurse practitioner, Missy.  She said everything looks super normal and great!  Yay!!  She said she can't believe how long my cervix is for being this far along with twins.  I said thanks, like it was some sort of compliment, ha ha!  She said I had gained another 2 lbs for a total of 16lbs gained.  She said though that they had not accounted for any weight gain while I was at the fertility clinic for the first 10 weeks.  If I remember correctly I didn't gain any because of nausea, but I had gained about 10-15 lbs during our fertility treatments over the last year.  So anyway, with that all being said, Missy said I am fine and should just continue on the path I have been on, but that an extra milkshake wouldn't hurt.  I told her my inner thigh, groin, tail bone, pelvis, butt, ass or whatever you want to call that whole area was really sore and it felt like I had worked out those muscles for days and that I felt like my pelvis was going to split in two.  She laughed at me because I was so blunt about my description and then said yes it is completely normal and that stretching, icing and continuing to get adjusted at the chiropractor were the only real solutions.  She also told me to take ibuprofen for a couple days to see if that helped.  I did, and it helped a tiny bit, but not much.  The last thing she did was measure my belly and it is............36cm!!!!  That means it is measuring at what a single pregnancy would be at 9 months along! Wow, so basically I look 9 months pregnant at 7 months.  What the heck am I gonna look like in a month?? Not sure I want to know.

Last but certainly not least I had my second baby shower thrown by Justin's family on Sunday.  It was held at this eclectic little restaurant in their private room.  His family decorated super cute with tissue flowers and little tutu's on the backs of the chairs.  Most of Justin's female family members were there and it was great to see everyone, and it didn't hurt that they had the best French toast I have ever had in my life! Yum!  It was really sweet of them to throw the shower for me and I am very appreciative!

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy experience has gone that my baby showers are already over!  I just kept telling myself at both showers to take in and enjoy every moment because these were the only ones I would ever have.  

So now that almost all of the nursery decor and assembly is complete (thanks mom!), I can now relax quite a bit and just slowly work on little things and final errands before the babies arrive. Do you hear the big deep breath and sigh?  I am also going to spend this week organizing all the stuff that is still in boxes in the nursery, so I can get it looking perfect and take perfect pictures to show the final nursery product.  One more week and I promise I'll share with you.

Ok, I'm exhausted and my mom left this morning, so I'm headed to start relaxing.  Below are a couple pictures from the week:

The only decent picture this week.  The girls have their 2 heads together.

Celebrating 7 months with my mom

Wow, can it get any bigger??

Naber Baby shower 

My sister-in-laws

How far along?   28 weeks or 7 months
Total weight gain/loss:  16lbs gained
Maternity clothes?  Ummm, I'm starting to wonder what I will wear in a month because my maternity tops are getting too short.  Guess I'll live in my maxi dresses
Stretch marks?  No, no, and no....Hoping my concoction of revitrol, burts bees belly butter and mamma mio tummy rub stretch mark oil is helping keep them away!!
Sleep: Some nights yes I sleep like a baby and don't wake up till like 10am, other nights the babies are kicking me all night and I am uncomfortable and I wake up at 6am wide awake and starving
Best moment this week:  Feeling this huge relief off my shoulders that the nursery is 98% complete and I can relax and not panic anymore
Miss Anything?  Mimosas, being able to buckle my own sandals, to get right up off the couch or bed with ease
Movement: Constantly!  If it isn't A it's B or vice versa or both
Food cravings?  Still waiting for this to happen
Anything making you queasy or sick: I used to eat these Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches for breakfast every morning and I tried to eat one this morning and I almost threw up
Labor Signs: Nope, no where close
Belly Button in or out?  I don't even have a belly button anymore, it is just this weird nubbin thing that sticks out 
Wedding rings on or off?  Fake one gets tighter by the week, I give it another week or two and then I am done
Happy or Moody most of the time:   Happy but exhausted, and speaking my mind when ever I feel necessary
Weekly Wisdom:   Wow, I am surrounded by such a wonderful group of friends, family, doggies and a loving husband.  And if I am surrounded by that, then that means these 2 little girls will be as lucky or even luckier to feel the love I feel from everyone around us.  That love and support was very apparent at both of my showers and I just count Justin and I as 2 of the luckiest people in the world!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my swelling is back in full effect ever since it rained here last week and the humidity started to rise again!  Notice the swollen face in my shower pictures above, yuck!  So anyway I am taking my sausage fingers and toes and my rickety pelvis to bed, he he!

Jenny & Justin +5


No comments:

Post a Comment