Friday, February 3, 2012

Sorry for not updating sooner!

I know I am behind from blogging about our dr visit on Wednesday! So sorry about that. Anyway, we have had really good news both Wednesday and this morning (Friday). Wednesday we had 4 large follicles and possibly 2 tiny ones, and today again we had 4 large ones and maybe a couple tiny ones. I was cut back on my injection doses Wednesday because the doctor didn't want the follicles to grow too big too fast. We learned something new in that the scale for egg maturity is either m1 or m2. M1 is less mature and that is what we had last time because we did so few days of stimulation. So the doctor was shooting for m2 quality eggs this time, so hence the reason for more days of stimulation. M2 quality eggs produce better embryos, which in turn gives the embryos a better quality marks like A or B. So we are shooting for m2 quality eggs, hopefully at least 4 of them and then hopefully 4 high quality embryos.

So here is the plan. Tonight are my last 2 injections at 7pm, and then we will do the trigger shot to induce ovulation at 830pm tonight. Then we will head to the doctor at 8am on Sunday for an egg retrieval at 830am. I will go under anesthesia for the procedure which takes about 20 minutes. I don't know how quick they can judge the quality of the eggs, but I am assuming it is pretty quickly after retrieval.

Oh I think I forgot to mention too that the doctor has decided that we will put the embryos back in this round and not freeze them. (well if there are extras they will be frozen) so it will be a "fresh" cycle. The doctor said we will decide together based on the egg quality and embryo quality how many we will put back in. We have had discussions about 2-3 embryos being transferred based on quality. For instance, if we had 2 good ones and 1 not so good one he might just put all 3 in. A little scary to think about the possible outcome of that, but hey this is our last chance with my eggs, so we have to go for it!! Like I have said before if we don't have to do this again, awesome! And twins would be awesome! Not so sure about triplets, considering i only have 2 arms. The tentative date for the embryo transfer will be next Wednesday the 8th.

So we will be spending Super Bowl Sunday morning at the doctor,and being lazy recovering and relaxing in the afternoon watching my favorite part, the commercials!

I will update again after our harvesting procedure on Sunday afternoon.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment