Thursday, February 23, 2012

More exciting news

Well, I have spent the last 4 days so excited about our good news and a tiny bit of the shock of finally being pregnant is starting to wear off. But then my shock started all over again today! I went to get my second blood test today to see where my hcg level was at. I had to go to a labcorp since the clinic was closed today. I immediately noticed the family pictures on the women's bulletin board as she is checking me in. Are those twins I asked? She said yes, my son had twins. So I rubbed the picture for good luck and she laughed at me. Then it took her 2 needle sticks (1 in each arm) to get the blood draw! What is it with people who draw blood? If that is all you do all day, shouldn't you be REALLY good at it? Ugh, annoying!

So remember my hcg level was at 846 on Tuesday which as I said is REALLY high and a strong indicator of multiples. Well my level today came back and it is at 1701!!! Which means that it more than doubled that already high number in 48 hours. This means there is a VERY VERY strong probability that we have more than 1 baby in there. The nurse seems to think twins. Twins would be amazing! But this news is still not 100% confirmed until we get the ultrasound a week from Friday. But the nurse coordinator, Shawnee seemed very confident that it is twins. I got very hot and sweaty after her phone call. I am thinking that was the shock setting in all over again. Twins? Really? I'm sweating just thinking about it now. And not for the reason that most would be sweating about it. But because.....

Holy crap!!! I never actually thought I would get what I always wanted and dreamed about and was told I would have! Unbelievable! Ok, I don't want to think into it too much until I have a visual picture of how many are in there, so I'll leave it at that.

I am headed to Scottsdale for the week to hang out with my mom and Bruce and just relax and enjoy the good news. I come back next Thursday and then ultrasound Friday.

Until then, thank you for all the well wishes through emails, texts, and phone calls! We are surrounded by so much love! And we send that love right back out to all of you!

Jenny +2???

1 comment: