Saturday, April 7, 2012

Movers and Shakers

It's amazing how mom's always make us feel better.  My mom arrived on Monday as Justin was leaving on his work golf trip for the week.  As I said I hadn't been feeling well the last week, but amazingly enough a majority of the time my mom was here I felt great and had little to no nausea.  My mom and I spent the week browsing for baby stuff like cribs, chairs, etc.  We didn't buy anything because I want to get past the first trimester first, but we got lots of good ideas and figured out what I like and don't like as far as the nursery goes. So for once in the last several weeks I felt productive.  

My mom also came in town for the week because I needed someone to administer my daily injections while my nurse, Justin was away.  And although my mom was super nervous, she ended up doing a great job and I didn't even feel any of the needles.  She said it was really hard for her because you don't ever want to inflict pain on your child, but knowing why we were doing it was reason enough to overcome her fear and stab me with needles, he he!

My ultrasound appointment this week was Thursday and when I told my mom that she was going to get to go to my last appointment at the clinic she was SO excited!  She said she couldn't wait to see the babies on the ultrasound because she had never seen anything like that in person.  

We arrived at the clinic and I filled out the necessary paperwork to get the front staff started on making copies of all my files to take with me, while I was in with the doctor.  I knew it would take quite awhile because my file was so huge!!   My mom and I headed into the room and she said she had butterflies and was nervous/excited.  It was very cute!  The doctor came in and hugged my mom and I and we began chatting about moving on to my new chosen doctor.  The doctor then started the ultrasound and right away I noticed how much bigger the babies looked this week and how much more "baby-like" they looked.  They now have visible appendages and the body looks more segmented instead of just one big gummy blob.  

We looked at Baby A first and the doctor said it wasn't necessary to take measurements this week, but all of us including Shawnee, noticed how active the baby was.  It was moving its entire body, legs and arms around.  It was SO cool to see!  We then listened to its heartbeat which was louder this week.  Baby B also decided to liven up this week and was also moving around kicking and squirming.  The doctor made mention that Beyonce was playing on the radio and that the babies were moving and shaking to the music.  I wish I would have taken a video of it!!  I also took the liberty of poking them from my abdomen to get them to move around more.  My mom was in Awww the entire time.  She was just smiling and amazed by what she saw on the screen.  It was really cool that she could be there.  

When the ultrasound was done the waterworks began.  The doctor said he just wanted to let me know how amazing he thought I was throughout this whole process.  He said I never complained and just went with what ever plan he threw out there, including adding my own plan in as well.  As he was talking I began to cry and just told him how amazing I thought he was and that we loved him.  I told him to be prepared to be called "uncle" by the twins.  The doctor had also teared up by this point and gave me a big hug and promised me he would be there when the twins were born, even if he couldn't deliver them.  He then said one final thing.  He said, "because of you and your husband and the experience I have had with you I think I now have one pinky toe guaranteed to go to heaven".    Shawnee looked at him and said well I don't know about that, and we all laughed.  

The doctor left because he had other patients waiting and Shawnee stayed to give me further instructions.

I will begin to ween off the steroid pill and the progesterone injections starting Sunday.  I will take a dose Sunday and then skip Monday.  Take a dose Tuesday and then skip 2 days.  Then a dose Friday and skip 3 days.  Then a dose Tuesday and skip 4 days.  And then my final dose of both will be Sunday April 22nd.  I thought it was going to be a week earlier, but honestly this way I end up doing less injections even though I stop everything a week later.  I thought I would just take a less and less dose for a week, but apparently that's not how they do it.  But hey no complaints because I get less needles and pills.  

My mom and I waited in the waiting room for a bit while the assistant was copying my files and we ended up having a great conversation with Shawnee and 2 of the front desk women.  It was nice to get to talk with them because honestly I didn't want to leave the office knowing this was my last appointment.  Finally we were ready to go and I hugged everyone in the office and said my goodbyes.  Knowing that I am graduating from the fertility clinic is great because it means we accomplished our goal, but knowing I won't see these people again every week is hard.  I will miss them very much!

Justin got back in town Thursday night and my mom left Friday morning.  And wouldn't you know Friday morning my nausea came back with a vengeance and left me bound to the couch most of the day.  I swear moms have some sort of healing power! Come back mom, come back! 

The exhaustion and nauseous stomach continue to just make me uncomfortable.  I am either starving, nauseous, or so full I feel nauseous, so I am in a constant state of ugh!  It is still mostly at night time, but today and yesterday it has been most of the day and night.  I take a lot of deep breaths because it seems to help temporarily, but the medicine doesn't even seem to be doing much at this point.  Fingers crossed I only have a couple more weeks of that stuff.  

I head to my old OBGYN on Wednesday the 11th for my first appointment and a list of questions in hand.  

Here are our 3 ultrasound photos from this week:

Baby A is on the left, Baby B is on the right.

Here is Baby A

Finally a decent picture of Baby B



Tomorrow I will be 11 weeks along and I will post a belly picture tomorrow or Monday.  Happy Bunny Day everyone!

Jenny & Justin +2 (+ 3 furry)
Injections: 177

No comments:

Post a Comment