Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another delay

Well, sorry again for not writing sooner, but the continuous disappointments and set backs with this process sometimes prove to be more than I can handle and sometimes I just don't want to repeat in writing bad news.  We once again have been pushed back on starting another IVF.  We were scheduled to start again in the January cycle, but my body had other plans.  My cycle started a week early and threw everything off.  We were out of town and also the doctor was on vacation for a week, and I would have been way to early to be included in the the January group, so they pushed us back to February.
The doctor isn't sure why my cycle got so screwed up and came so early.  It could be those 3 days of Follistim injections we did on that cycle threw my body out of whack, but there is no way of really knowing.  So we must move forward.  I will not be doing any sort of injections this cycle (or as I call it testing my theory), because the doctor just wants to try and be as natural as possible, so that I can be included in February and don't get another early surprise and then have to be pushed back again.  So much for my theory, huh!?  We won't know if I was right or not because we were unable to do an ultrasound due to the fact that I couldn't get into the office to see how many follicles I had.  And we don't want to test the theory again this cycle for fear of getting pushed back again.
So again, we wait patiently for February to arrive and my body to cooperate.

In the meantime, we have expanded our family in the furry way.  On Sunday we rescued a 4.5lb teacup chihuahua from some people who were going to put her down for no reason.  The couple was elderly and being put into a nursing home and due to ignorance the couple and their grandchildren thought that was the best solution.  Well we swooped in just in time and got her.  She is about 7 years old and a very happy tiny little girl.  We are calling her Pickles.  She is going to need some work to get her healthy, but I welcome the distraction from the whole IVF process.  Justin and I are so happy to have her as a part of our family and I think she is grateful to be out of that situation.

While we wait "patiently" for our human children to arrive, we will enjoy the love and happiness of our 3 furry girls.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment