Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bruising and crying

Well I have learned each time we do this everything is different and I feel different so I have learned to just go with the flow and the side effects as they come. I feel much more tired this time around almost to the point where I feel like I could fall asleep standing up at certain times. I have also had a stiff neck a couple mornings that I have woken up and a slight headache that lasts most of the day.

My stomach is starting to get pretty knotty and sore, well pretty much bruised. The only shots that still give me some trouble right now are the Menopur ones I do at night that burn when the medicine goes in. Tonight was the second one this round of those and tonight I felt light-headed for a bit after the burning stopped. Last night it made me cry. But if I'm being totally honest, I think I am getting a little better at taking all of them, but my heart still beats a little faster before I get injected and I still can't look at the needle.

Overall I just feel drained and for me that's weird because I am not doing much these days and I hate feeling lazy like I haven't done anything, but when you have no energy there's really no choice in the matter.

Emotionally, I don't feel mean or angry, but I do cry at anything close to a sad or really happy moment in a movie or show. I feel like the crying thing is more prevalent this time, so it must be from the new drug?

My mom sent me a DVD last night of a bunch of old home movies of me as a baby and WOW it was very cool to see. Not to brag, but I was a pretty cute baby and it made me want even more to be able to use my own eggs. It was a bitter sweet thing to watch while going through this process. But it was so cool to be able to see my grandparents (whom are deceased) holding me as a baby in full flesh and blood. Yes, I cried when those images came on the screen. My grandma Rosamond especially got me tearing up because she died quite awhile ago, so it was so cool to see her smiling face again.

The best part of the video was seeing my mom with me as a baby and how happy she was and always smiling, as was I. It was crazy to think that she was right around the same age I am now and how much she looked like I do now. I just hope that I can have that same happy experience she appeared to have in the videos. Ok, great now I am crying again just thinking about the video. Ugh, the joys of hormones!

So we are headed in to the doctor at 8am tomorrow morning for an ultrasound and blood work to see where we are at. Fingers crossed for lots of big follicles!!!

Jenny
Needle pokes: 90
Blood draws: 13 Vials: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment