Friday, March 2, 2012

It seems many of you are as excited as we are!

It is so heartwarming and funny that I have gotten a ton of text messages this morning starting at 830am from friends and family asking if today was the ultrasound appt and if so what time and do we know anything yet. You people are more impatient than me! Ha ha!

Anyway here is what you and I and we and everyone has been waiting for.

We are having twins!!!!!! Yes, that's right we went in and saw 2 black circle blob things on the screen. We are beyond excited! And in shock again for the 4th time in a matter of 2 weeks. Crazy!!

The doctor said he saw 2 yolk sacs which is good, but no visible heartbeats yet which is normal. We will go back next Friday for another ultrasound and hopefully be able to see heartbeats then. He said we will assume, give or take a day or 2, that conception took place on the egg retrieval day which was Sunday February 5th so that makes me 5 weeks 5 days pregnant.

So because I am always cautious in this process, I have to tell you that since this is still very early we must proceed with caution. The doctor said there is a 20% chance of something happening to one of the embryos until we see heartbeats. So I must remain calm, de-stressed and positive in the meantime. We ask for lots and lots of good thoughts for more good news and positive forward progression.

I hope at some point I can stop being anxious about the next appointment, but I don't know if that will happen.

For now we are just sooooo excited about our double good news!!

I will continue on all my meds and the daily progesterone shots until further notice. The doctor has also up'd my folic acid intake because he says twins need a lot of it. Yay, more pills! Hey at least it's not more needles right!?

As far as symptoms go I really don't have anything. No nausea or anything. The doctor said its either too early or I might be one of the lucky ones?? Who knows! I'll take it one day at a time and appreciate whatever comes my way.

I am so freaking excited!!!!

Jenny +2

Injections: 141
Blood draws: 18 Vials: 42

1 comment:

  1. Blessings galore! I've been praying for your family, and will continue. Do you have an official due date now?

    ReplyDelete