Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 8- Drunkin Nachos

I never thought in a million years that eating nachos would make me drunk.  Ok, let me explain.

Yesterday, Sunday (March 18th) we decided to meet Justin's family for lunch and I had been craving nachos, and I love the nachos at Bar Louie, so we headed there.  I was so excited because I was hungry and not nauseous (thank you little dissolving pills) and food actually sounded good for once.   So, I ordered my chicken nachos with extra chicken, and they could not bring them out fast enough!!  I dove into my huge plate of chicken nachos covered in black beans, nacho cheese, chicken, sour cream and guacamole.  OMG, so good!  I got about 10 nachos in, and I was stuffed!  I mean stuffed.  It's amazing how quickly I get full.  Everyone else was already finished eating way before me (I am a slow eater), and about 15 minutes later we left the restaurant.

And thank God I got in the car and sat down when I did because the drunkin nacho coma took over almost immediately.  I mean it is the craziest feeling ever!  I feel like I could pass out at any moment and I can't speak and Justin's words sounded mumbled.  Ha ha ha!!  He kept looking over at me and said I just had this glazed look on my face like I was going to pass out at any moment, like some sort of drunk 20-something chick at 2am!!!  I think I managed to say to him, "get me home I need a bed pronto!"  But honestly I can't really remember because the nachos had taken over my body.  I mean I have had a food coma after eating, but pregnancy food coma is a whole new ballgame.  It's almost like after I eat at a restaurant I need someone to carry me to the car and put me to bed immediately.  I have had it happen a couple other times in the last couple weeks, but the nachos were the worst food coma feeling so far.

Anyway here is my 8 week belly photo:


How far along?  8 weeks!  Babies are the size of kidney beans
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, haven't asked and I always step on the scale backwards
Maternity clothes?  Nope, not yet
Stretch marks?  No, but I am using stretch mark cream morning and night to prevent those suckers from appearing.  Hope it works!
Sleep: Always exhausted.  Hard to fall asleep at night, best sleep is in the morning
Best moment this week: Just being pregnant.  I am very grateful
Have you told family and friends: Yes, friends and family know, still haven't publicly announced it to the world.  We will wait till we get to the end of the first trimester.
Miss Anything? Not really
Movement: No, not yet, but I can't wait
Food cravings?  Nachos, red popsicles
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mmmm, everything
Have you started to show yet: Well... you be the judge
Gender prediction: I don't want to jinx it, so I am not saying
Labor Signs: Ummm, heck no
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  Only moody when my stomach is upset.  
Weekly Wisdom: Nachos will put you in a super food coma
Looking forward to: Our weekly ultrasound appt on Friday.  I love seeing them and their little heartbeats!  We only have this Friday and one more before we transfer to the OBGYN, and then we will only get ultrasounds every 2 weeks, :(

Ok, until Friday!  Hope everyone has a great week and look out for the drunkin nachos!

Jenny & Justin +2 (+3 furry) 

No comments:

Post a Comment